OGHS has been dedicated to the provision of quality health care through its strong commitment and high standards since 1957. Central to our success is our commitment to the following.
Commitment to Excellence
Serving as the region’s referral medical center, OGHS is this area’s most comprehensive community health care facility offering a wide range of medical specialties and state-of-the-art technology.
Highly Qualified Staff
Opelousas General Health System offers a variety of specialized services and an outstanding and highly qualified staff of physicians, nurses, technologists and other personnel providing professional care in a nurturing environment.
Improving health care in St. Landry Parish has long been a passion and a hallmark of Opelousas General Health System. AT OGHS, community outreach is not just something we provide; it is at the heart of who we are.
Our primary goal is to provide quality, compassionate, affordable and accessible health care. We are able to offer this with the help of our physicians, staff members, volunteers and community. Working together, we can provide greater benefits of lasting value that will touch more lives than ever before.Learn More
62 Years of Caring!
On May 29, 1957, Opelousas General Hospital, under the management of the Marianites of Holy Cross, opened its doors to this community. The growth and prosperity of this hospital over the past 62 years has been nothing short of remarkable.