Specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of sleep-related disorders.
- Sleep apnea
- Nightmares and night terrors
- Sleepwalking and sleep talking
- Shift work sleep disorder
- Restless leg syndrome
At Opelousas General Health System's Sleep Disorders Center you can expect:
- State of the art technology to record and diagnose every type of sleep disorder
- Registered sleep technologists on staff
- board certified sleep specialists
- Private bedrooms with staff in attendance for all night monitoring
- Digital video monitoring
- Home study resting
- EEG testing
- Follow-up and referral treatment
If you or someone close to you answers yes to any of the below questions, you should discuss your symptoms with your physician or call the OGHS Sleep Disorders Center at 337-943-7146 for further information.
- Are you a loud habitual snorer?
- Do you feel tired and groggy upon awakening?
- Are you often sleepy during waking hours?
- Are you overweight and/or do you have a large neck?
- Have you been observed to choke, gasp, or hold your breath during sleep?
To schedule a sleep evaluation or EEG testing, please call (337) 943-7146 or fax to (337) 594-3837.